Sunday, January 26, 2014

Geek Moment as a Runner

Since I started on this running journey one thing I did was surround myself with everything running. I read everything I could get my hands on. I read books, blogs, running magazines and quotes about running. I figure knowledge is power and the more I knew, the better prepared I would be.

I found a lot of comfort in reading other peoples experiences on their running blogs. They were just regular gals like me on a running journey and I found so much inspiration and hope in them.

2 blogs I found that I loved and latched onto were www.slownewfast.com and www.seemeggierun.com. You want to read about strong, funny, inspirational women?? Nikki and Meggie who write these blogs are amazing! I have followed them since the beginning of my journey and they continue to inspire me with their wit, strength, determination and particularly how they give back to the running community and charity. If you are a runner of any skill, give them a read. You won't be disappointed.

So my geek moment is that Nikki from slownewfast.com has recently tweeted a couple of my blog comments and just started following me on Instagram!! Lol! I grinned like a little school girl that just got a follow from Justin Bieber! What a total nerd I am! In all seriousness, it's just pretty cool when someone who has inspired and kept you going without even knowing it gets a smile out of something you said.

That's my cool running blogger moment of the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment