Thursday, August 8, 2013

My SeaWheeze 2013 Race Goals

It's amazing what the universe sends you exactly when you need it most. I woke up this morning and read this:

We know the nerves might be starting, with only 2 days left until race day, so we asked SeaWheeze trainer Chris McClung for a few words of motivation for our awesome runners.

"SeaWheeze, this race, is the perfect example that running doesn't have to be a solo sport. When you step on the starting line, remember that you are not alone. Experience, feel, channel, and breathe in the overwhelming energy that erupts when thousands of people dare to test their limits or come out in support of those who are. Regardless of your goal on Saturday, don't neglect to soak in that energy and then use it.

If your body wants to quit, keep moving. If you feel yourself slowing down, dig deeper. If you aren't having fun, smile bigger. And do so with the force and power that comes from the thousands running step by step beside you or cheering you on from the sidelines. This isn't just about you. It's about us with a capital "U," and we're doing it together. Let's do this!" ~ Chris

I can't even tell you how much this has resonated with me. My nerves have been going crazy this week. My mind has been battling demons and working overtime thinking about how I was going to get through this race.

The advice above brought tears to my eyes and was like a warm hug telling me everything was going to be just fine.

Okay and just when I thought I couldn't get more emotional I read this Facebook post from my husband and now I am crying like a baby.


Nervous and excited for the upcoming half marathon Melanie Pimentel Rowley and I are running on Sat. Any nerves that I have thou are small compared to the motivation and inspiration that I get from my wife and the dedication she has shown in our training towards this goal! She has been the driving force in us putting in the time and dedication towards this and I couldn't be more proud to be running by her side this weekend! Any time I feel tired I will think back to the times where I have seen her push thru her pains and fatigue and be motivated by it! If at any time I feel doubt I will look back at her amazing ability to self reflect via her blog, which she writes with an amazing ability to reflect on the highs and lows of this journey and becomes stronger and more invested with each story! You truly are my motivation Mel and I can't wait to cross the finish line holding your hand!!!!

I am so lucky to have him. I couldn't do this without him.


Okay, I need to wipe my tears and talk about my goals for this race.

I've thought about them a lot and even changed them a lot but here they are:

GOAL 1

FINISH the race. I want to finish with my body and mind feeling good. No matter the time I finish in, I don't want to be disappointed with myself. This is my first race ever and I just want to enjoy it, remember it, be proud of it and be smiling and joyous when I cross the finish line.

GOAL 2

I wouldn't be me if I didn't have some kind of goal time in mind. The first goal time would be to finish in under 2:45.

GOAL 3

If I am feeling really good a huge goal would be to finish in under 2:30.

Only 2 more days! Will just have to see what happens.

Let's DO this. I CAN do this!!!

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment